When 90% of startups fail, what hope do budding entrepreneurs have?
WHY DO STARTUPS FAIL?
The main reason is because they create solutions that the market simply does not resonate with or need. And quite frankly, we are also tired of hearing about "the new app for [insert meaningless purpose here]".
WHERE DO WE GO WRONG?
Humans are complex. It's hard enough trying to understand why we want what we want and do what we do, let alone trying to comprehend this for others. Founders struggle to grasp and apply this understanding when building and pitching solutions for their customers.
WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE?
To create new solutions that improve human problems, understanding human behaviour is not an option, it's a must. Founders need practical support in understanding the drivers behind their customers needs and desires and how to embed this in all they do.
Innovation for Human Impact
We run practical courses and workshops to help students develop and test new ideas, using the core principles of human-centred design and behavioural psychology.
COURSE OVERVIEW (10-15 HOURS)
Spread over 4-6 weeks, the course is designed to leave with an individual idea, that is prototyped & tested.
- Clearly defining your target audience
- Effective customer research to uncover human needs, problems and desires
- Effective ideation methods to challenge and develop new solutions
- Rapid prototyping
- Iterative customer testing and success metric definition
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW (3-5 HOURS)
The half-day workshop is designed to practice rapid group development & prototyping of an idea.
- Uncover human needs, problems and desires to define a design problem
- Effective ideation methods to develop new solutions
- Rapid prototyping
Storytelling for Customers & Investor Pitches
We run workshops to support students to prepare clear and compelling communications for their business idea, that deeply resonate with customers and/or investors.
OUR WORKSHOP & COACHING CONTENT COVERS:
- Uncovering what human need lies behind their problem or desire
- Mapping the ways in which your solution meets their need
- Crafting precise messaging to effectively communicate your solutions value
* Workshops (1-3 hours) teach the methods, for founders to implement themselves.